August is the holiday month par excellence. August in Europe means sun, warmth, beaches, but there are other options: mountain destinations, empty towns waiting to be explored and various entertainment options. So, you might be wondering about Where to go on Holiday in August? Here we have listed some of the best places to travel in August. Let’s go and explore:
Holidays in Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Visit Prague: It’s a fact, Prague is beautiful 365 days a year. Still, when summer comes, the days are long and hot, the city has another splendor. And this is noticeable in people! Enjoy exploring Prague’s main attractions, but also to get to know the city’s gardens, stroll along the waterfront and drink a glass of Czech wine on a terrace.
- Travel to Prague: From Portugal, from Lisbon, or from Porto you will find flights to Prague. If you are traveling by train in Europe, the trains Berlin Prague or Budapest Prague are the most popular international train travel.
Holiday in Cologne, GERMANY
- Visiting Cologne: There is the idea that the inhabitants of the coldest countries of Europe are the ones who value the best and know how to enjoy the summer. It’s like spending the year waiting for this time, enjoying the summer in Europe with the end of the day in the park, picnics by the lake and some beer. No matter if you are traveling alone or traveling with children, Cologne is always a good destination!
- Travel to Cologne: From Lisbon, you can fly to Cologne with Euro-wings. Already from the SaCarneiro Airport, the flights Porto Colonia are operated by Ryanair. If you spend a few days in Cologne, take a train and enjoy visiting Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg or other German cities.
Holidays in Alicante, Spain
- Visit Alicante: If Barcelona was the best destination for escapadinhas in Europe, in the GoEuro ranking; Alicante was considered the best city with beach. Besides being here some of the best beaches in Spain, Alicante has good access by public transport and several options for lovers of water sports and / or nightlife. Without a doubt, best places to travel in August!
- Travel to Alicante: In addition to flights, you will find bus options as well as train travel to Alicante. Use GoEuro to search for train rides Renfe, Spain’s leading rail operator in real time.
Holidays in Porto, PORTUGAL
- Visiting Porto: When all in Portugal are heading for a holiday in the Algarve, we head north. Nothing against the beaches of the Algarve, which we love, but the beaches of Porto also warm our heart. This is a boat trip through the Douro, a Francesinha, a visit to Serralves, a concert in the House of Music or a walk through the Ribeirinha, of course.
- Travel to Porto: In addition to buses and trains CP, Porto can now travel by plane. Along with TAP Portugal, Ryanair also have several Lisbon flights or Copenhagen flights from Faro.
Holidays in Santorini, GREECE
- Visit Santorini: We would not know how to choose the best of the Greek islands, let alone the best of Greek beaches. But for its popularity and unique scenery, we chose Santorini to travel in August. The beaches of Santorini are incredible, as are all the beauty of the island, with its whitewashed houses and blue ceilings to match the colors of the sea and the sky. One of the most magical places to travel in August!
- Travel to Santorini: Aegean Airlines and Iberia are two of the airlines with the most flights to Santorini. Another option to travel to this Greek island is to take a ferry.