Are you planning on backpacking for the first time? Well, irrespective of where you might be going, if you are travelling alone and that too for the first time then there are a few things that you will have to take care of if you want to enjoy a fun and lovely backpacking experience.
Well, if you are planning on camping and trekking, then do ensure that you get your cardio exercises done right every day. Now once that is take care of, you need to make a list of the must have backpacking gear. Well, you don’t want to be lost in the middle of the woods without the basic essentials, would you? So, here are the items that your rucksack ought to have when backpacking:
- A very important thing that you will have to carry in your rucksack is a sleeping bag. Whether you need it or not, you will need to carry one. Well if you are going camping, then you will surely need one of these. These are easy to fold and you can attach them at the top of your backpack. Wherever you decide to carry them, carry them you must.
- Next is the tent. This is a must if you are planning on camping and trekking. While there are some trekking trails that have camps and tents, the more off beat ones have close to nothing. So it is always best to carry a tent with you. Talk to the manufactures about how you should carry it so that it does not suffer any damage. Learn to set up the tent before you set up on your tour since there is no point in carrying a tent which you don’t know how to set up.
- This is one of the most essential things that you have to carry for your trek- a first aid box. It should contain the regular bandages and disinfectants. However when heading on a hike, you need to carry ointments, mosquito repellent creams, some common insect bite treating ointments etc. These are extremely essential and you will be thanking your lucky stars if you carry them. Carry oral medicines too for common cough and cold, headache, digestion problems, pain killers etc. Try not to use them, but keep them near your hand, just in case.
- Carry a micro-water filter with you. Many portable filters are available these days and hence you can carry one for your hike. This will be of great use because water is something that you will need and there is no guarantee that you will get filtered water everywhere.
- A safety stove is also something that you can consider carrying, especially when travelling alone and planning to camp in the woods. You can cook your own meal with easy if you have the stove and not take the pressure of carrying store bought food with you.
So these are some of the most essential things that any first time backpacker should carry. Well, if it not your first time then you can always one or two items to the list!
3 thoughts on “Important Gear that you need to have when Backpacking for Travelling”
Thanks for sharing 🙂